Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sorylians Assembled

During my weekly Pathfinder game this week, I finished assembling my Sorylian Fleet!

There really isn't a lot to say about assembling these guys.  It's a very straightforward process and definitely easier than assembling the Dindrenzi fleet.  The battleship is only four pieces and barely required any cleanup on the entire model.  I did have to trim a bit off the back to get the engines to mount up.  Other than that, I just had to clean up one mold line and she was good to go.

The cruisers weren't so bad.  They just required a little cleanup around the engines on both the resin and metal pieces.  The only place that causes a little trouble is getting the rear hull mounted to the front.  You need to make sure that it lines up straight so your ship isn't crooked.  You also want the little detail pieces to line up correctly at the seam.  It's not hard to do.  You just need to keep an eye on it.

Now for the a-holes of this whole starter fleet: the frigates.  These guys are super annoying unless you love cutting and filing metal.  The rear engine pods were basically a big lump of metal that I had to carve down into the rough shape of an engine and then file off all the excess flash.  The resin, however, looked great and had very few if any issues.  So much metal, though....

I promise that one day, when I do something that requires taking step-by-step pictures, I'll do it.  So far, though, this game hasn't required any big modeling or painting skills from me.  I hope the trend continues.  I have too much to do with 40k to get that involved with another hobby to suck the remaining will to live from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment