Monday, January 14, 2013

Back from Drill

Sorry for the delay in posts.  I was off playing Army for the weekend but now I'm home with all of my goodies.  Where shall we begin?


First, my rule book and starter fleets arrived on Friday.  I had a chance to skim thru the book and I like the look of it a lot.  I'm probably about halfway finished with my first reading of it.  I usually have to go over a book once or twice before I sit down to play a new game.  So far, the rules seem pretty straightforward and easy to pick up.  I feel like this game is easier to wrap your head around than 40k, and that's exactly what I want out of it.  The only thing that I really wish the book had more of is fluff for the different fleets.  There isn't a whole lot out there.  Other than this minor thing, it's a good buy.

The starter fleets both really impressed me.  I will get some pictures of the ships hopefully tomorrow.  I am just so impressed at the detail that Spartan Games gets out of these little models.  There is so much in there that painting will be a lot of fun.  I also can't believe how little flash is on the models.  I actually have to look very hard to find any excess resin.  I have not found any bubbles in the resin yet.  I'm sure there will be one or two but, so far, I have found none.  I will go into the box sets a little more tomorrow I hope if I can get the time to sit down and get to work on them.

Also, I picked up a bag of lava rock from Home Depot.  Lowe's didn't have any in stock.  After military discount, I think it came to $4.47 for seven pounds of asteroids.  They look amazing.  I'll get some pictures up of those as soon as I can.  I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to mount them and everything.  Should be super quick and super easy.

That's all for now.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment